Monday, 6 August 2012

Recent Going Ons...

So I have been very busy again lately, hence the spacing between posts! I've had lots of sorting and clearing to do, very boring, but also managed to squeeze in a fair amount of hooking time, which pleases me greatly!
I can tick a few projects off the list.... yes, the giant chunky mahoosive granny stripe blanket is finished! My very own design cow amigurumi is complete, and my puffy flower square pillow is sitting in the rocking chair being all puffy and flowery!

Starting with the blanket.... I am sooo pleased how this has turned out. It has taken a while (but there have been many other projects on the go at the same time) but it was worth every minute of effort.
I used King Cole Comfort Chunky yarn, in 8 colours, Raspberry, Azure, Dill, Cream, Tangerine, Grape, Spearmint and Aqua. I think some of these have been discontinued however, but I emptied my local store and then topped up on ebay so I didn't run out! It's pretty big, which I wanted, a nice huge blanket to snuggle under in the winter with my daughter in front of the TV. Even if we do have to watch Mr Tumble. Can't wait until we can stick a Disney film on and cuddle up!
It measures 130cm x 150cm, I think I chained about 150 to begin with, but can't exactly remember, just kept going until it was big enough. I used Lucy of Attic24's Granny Stripe pattern, and finished it off with her Shell Bobble Edging. I wanted something to just finish it without it being too delicate or fancy, and this was perfect.
So here it is, in all it's striped glory......





Next up is the cushion cover...I made up the puffy flower design, inspired by a design in Crochet Today magazine. I hope to write the pattern down and post it here sometime, when I get a chance!
I made my flowers, turned them into good old granny squares and  joined them as I went along. I made one large bog standard granny square for the back of the cover, and worked it until it matched the size of the front. The two pieces were just a little bit smaller than the cushion itself, as I wanted it to pull tight over it. I then double crocheted (single in US terms) through both pieces together, joining 3 sides, then putting the cushion in before completing the final side. I then worked a snall border of half treble crochets and finished off with that Shell bobble edging again. Voila.... there you have it. I used a whole load of Stylecraft Special DK yarns. Bargain yarn, but also feels nice, and not too itchy! I'm a yarn snob and don't like the feel of many of the 'cheaper' yarns, but this one is lovely to work with and the colours are great!






So finally is my little amigurumi moo cow, who I am still yet to name. Worked in a spiral, with King Cole Bamboo Cotton, here he is..... (also hoping to post pattern here soon)





So now I must continue with my creations, I have many more ideas brewing and 2 on the go already! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a comment